Permit Terms and Conditions
Please read and agree Mole Valley District Council's (MVDC) permit terms and conditions before submitting your application.
Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions are subject to review and, as such, MVDC's current terms and conditions at the time of application will prevail.
- The permit must be displayed in the front windscreen of the vehicle so that it is clearly visible at all times.
- Annual and resident permits (not resident only "on street" scheme permits) may be used in any of MVDC's long term Pay & Display car parks in your nominated town. MVDC may, upon giving reasonable notice to the permit holder, restrict the use of the permit to a specified car park in the permit holder's nominated town. When this occurs MVDC will re-issue the permit displaying the name of the car park the permit holder is entitled to use.
- A permit which specifies a particular car park is only valid when a vehicle is parked in the car park with the same name as shown on the front of the permit and will not be valid for use in any other car park.
- Note - Permits are not valid in Upper Fairfield car park Leatherhead. The permit area of this car park is for the exclusive use of Halcyon Office Employees only. Tenants of Wesley House should use either Randalls Road car park or the designated permit area of Station Road car park.
- The permit is not transferable between vehicles unless prior arrangement is made. A maximum of two vehicle registrations can be shown on each permit purchased.
- On-Street Resident parking permits are valid for a period of 12 months from the month of purchase. All other parking permits will be valid for a period of 12 months and are renewable as of the 1 April. New applicants may purchase a permit after the 1 April on a pro rata basis. Full month's charges will apply.
- Reminders regarding renewal of permits will not be sent, and renewal applications must be received at least 10 days of the commencement date to guarantee sufficient time for processing and dispatch.
- Some of MVDC's car parks have a maximum stay of three hours parking, and any short term parking restrictions must be adhered to.
- Failure to display a valid permit will result in a Penalty Charge Notice being issued.
- A permit does not guarantee a parking space.
- Change of Vehicle -If you change your vehicle, please return your permit to Parking Services, together with proof of new vehicle ownership. A new permit will be issued within five working days. An admin fee of £5 will be payable.
- Proof of Vehicle Ownership (to be provided with initial Resident/Resident Scheme applications only, not renewals) - The vehicle Registration Document (VRD) must be produced on Application (photocopies will be accepted). If your vehicle is "owned" by your employer and the VRD is in the name of the company, a letter is required on headed paper from the Company Secretary (not the applicant) or someone of equal authority, specifying that the vehicle is allocated to you for your exclusive use as an employee, in addition to the VRD. For Proof of Ownership of the vehicle (where the VRD is not available), other acceptable documents may include, valid Insurance Policy, Company Letter, specifying the vehicle registration number, Bill of Sale/Invoice (MOT Certificate is not acceptable).
- Proof of Residency (to be provided with initial Resident/Resident Scheme application as well as renewals) - MVDC is empowered to require an applicant, for a permit, to provide such evidence as it may reasonably call for to satisfy itself that the applicant is a "resident". A permit will not be issued if MVDC is not satisfied. For Proof of Residency, acceptable documents may include Utilities Bill, Council Tax Bill, Benefit Book, Rent Book.
- MVDC reserves the right to refuse issue of a permit.
- If a permit has not been used in accordance with the terms and conditions, MVDC reserves the right to withdraw the permit.
- The permit may only be used for motorcars licensed as private or goods vehicles not exceeding 6'6" in height.
- The terms and provisions of the MVDC's current off-street parking order are implied in this agreement.
- Exercising the right to change your mind (Consumer Rights Act 2015). You have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days of placing your order and receive a refund by letting us know in writing. If you cancel once the season ticket period has started, you must pay us for the days you have already used up until the time you have changed your mind.
- If you decide to cancel you permit after 14 days refunds can only be obtained on full calendar months remaining, original permit must be returned and an administration charge of £5 may apply.
- Any omissions of information may result in a delay in the issue of a permit. The application will not be processed if not signed and dated. Photocopies of applications cannot be accepted as we can only process application forms with an original signature.
- MVDC will process your application as quickly as possible and you should receive your permit within a few days but at busy times it can take up to two weeks. MVDC does not issue permits to personal callers at Pippbrook 'while you wait'.
- MVDC reserves the right to cancel a parking permit at any time subject to giving the permit holder seven days written notice. Where MVDC cancels a parking permit a pro-rata refund for the remaining period of the permit will be made. Where a permit is cancelled because of fraud or misuse the permit holder will not be eligible for a refund.
- General Information - Only residents who live in the following streets, or those buying a permit for use in Church Hall car park Leatherhead, are eligible for the £350 Resident Permit. Proof of residency will be required. No other streets/roads are included in the scheme at this time.
- Dorking: Church Street, Meadowbrook Road & North Street
- Leatherhead: Church Street, Church Road, Church Walk, Highlands Road & The Crescent
- Ashtead: Albert Road, Gaywood Road, Grove Road & Park Walk
Permits are limited and are issued on a first come first served basis. There are a very limited number of permit spaces available in Church Hall car park Leatherhead. Applicants will be placed on a waiting list and will be notified when a permit space becomes available.
Permits are only valid in the following car parks in the Mole Valley area unless restricted to a specific car park pursant to clause 2: (Not Resident Scheme permits)
- Dorking Permits: All car parks, but please note that in St Martins Walk you must use the Long Term Section only
- Leatherhead Permits: Randalls Road, Station Road. Please note that permits are not valid in Upper Fairfield car park
- Ashtead Permits: Grove Road and Ashtead Peace Memorial Hall
- Bookham Permits: Lower Shott
The MVDC does not undertake to supervise the parking place and will not accept any liability for loss or damage to motor vehicles or their contents howsoever caused, or injury to any person howsoever such injury is caused, unless or to the extent caused by proven negligence of MVDC its representatives or agents.