Greenfield Call for Sites
Mole Valley District Council (MVDC) is carrying out a Greenfield Call for Sites between 11 December 2017 and 5 February 2018. Landowners and other interested parties are invited to tell MVDC about land and sites which may become available for development over the next 15 years. This is to inform the second stage (Preferred Options) of the preparation of the Future Mole Valley Local Plan, for the period 2018-2033.
The types of sites we are interested in
Greenfield land is defined as any land that has not been previously developed. Submitted sites should have an area of at least 0.25ha which may be suitable for development to provide:
- 5 or more houses*;
- 500m2 or more of employment-related development;
- Pitches for gypsy and traveller households; or
- Other forms of development (please specify)
Background information about objectively assessed needs for housing and employment land during the plan period is available at futuremolevalley.org.
As part of your submission, you are asked to explain why you believe your site(s) would help to deliver one or more of the strategic Greenfield options which are currently being considered. In brief, the three Greenfield options which are under consideration are:
- Urban Extensions: development of land on the edge of one or more of the larger built up areas in Mole Valley - Dorking, Leatherhead, Bookham, Fetcham and Ashtead
- Expansion of Rural Villages: development of land on the edge of one or more villages in the rural area of Mole Valley. This is most likely to involve one of the larger existing villages where there is already a good standard of accessibility
- Modest additions to Rural Villages: this option focuses on the potential for small-scale housing development in village locations, which would make a more modest contribution to housing needs and support the vitality of villages, without fundamentally changing their scale. The primary purpose is to introduce affordable housing, and housing aimed at younger people or existing villagers seeking to downsize. *The Council would also be interested to receive information on any smaller sites capable of achieving fewer than five dwellings adjacent to or within existing rural settlements
More detail is provided at futuremolevalley.org.
While this consultation focuses primarily on Greenfield sites, the Council will continue to prioritise brownfield development on suitable sites. Further information about the approach to brownfield development is available at futuremolevalley.org and MVDC is also open to receiving submissions of brownfield sites which have not been previously submitted during the Brownfield Call for Sites in September 2016.
How to submit a site
If you own, or have an interest in, a site which meets the above definition(s) and which you would like the Council to consider for future development, please visit futuremolevalley.org for further information. Sites can be submitted by downloading and completing the "Call for Sites Submission Form". Please note that you must include a map identifying the location and boundaries of the site.
We would prefer to receive forms electronically. However, if you wish to submit a hard copy, please return by post to Planning Policy Team, MVDC, Pippbrook, Dorking, RH4 1SJ.
Please note, if you submitted a site during the Brownfield Call for Sites which MVDC categorised as being Greenfield (or partly Greenfield), it is not necessary to resubmit the same information. However, if you wish to provide additional or updated information, you are welcome to do so.