Welfare Advice

Discretionary Housing Payments

Discretionary Housing Payments (DHP) are available for people who receive Housing Benefit or the housing element of Universal Credit and require further help to meet their rent payments. They are made at our discretion if we believe extra short-term financial support is required.

Awards of DHP are made from a cash limited fund and once this fund has been used for the year, no further payments are allowed.

If you wish to make an application for a DHP, in the first instance you should contact the Benefits Section on 01306 879187, or email benefits@molevalley.gov.uk

Local Assistance Scheme

The Surrey Crisis Fund is a discretionary fund run by Surrey County Council. This scheme replaces Community Care Grants and Social Fund Loans, payable to those in need of necessary items such as basic furnishing and food in emergency circumstances.

Local Foodbanks

Information on local foodbanks is available to Mole Valley residents.

The Money Advice Service

The Money Advice Service is an independent service set up by the government to help people manage their money. This service is free and the advice is impartial.

Citizens Advice

There are two Citizens Advice in Mole Valley. Each bureau is able to offer free, confidential, impartial and independent advice on a wide range of subjects, including debt, benefits, consumer rights, employment, housing, immigration and other legal issues.

If you are seeking advice online, please visit Citizens Advice.

Help with paying your water bill

If you are a Sutton and East Surrey Water customer experiencing difficulty in paying your water bill , there are schemes available which could help reduce this. For more information visit the Sutton and East Surrey Water website.