The Low Paid Worker parking permit enables lower paid staff who commute to work in shops or offices in Dorking and Leatherhead town centre to apply for a discounted parking permit.
- Dorking permit holders can park in the long term section of St Martins Walk car park, Monday to Saturday.
- Leatherhead permit holds can park on Level 6 of the Swan Centre car park, Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays.
To be eligible for the Low Paid Worker permit, applicants must:
- work in either Dorking or Leatherhead town centres as defined by the maps in Appendix 1 and 2
- drive a minimum of 2 miles for their place of residence to their place of work
- earn less than the National Living Wage plus 10% per hour. As from 1st April 2021 this is currently £9.80 per hour, should earnings increase above this figure you will no longer be eligible for the permit.
Documents you will need:
Proof of Earnings. Acceptable documents include:
- copy of payslip showing your hourly rate
- a letter on headed paper from your employer stating the hourly rate which you are paid and place of work
- a copy of your contract of employment
Proof of Residence. Acceptable documents include:
- a recent utility bill, bank statement or payslip no more than 3 months old (electricity, gas, landline phone, water bill)
- Benefit Award Statement, Tenancy Agreement or letter from your landlord confirming your tenancy
Photocopies and online downloads of the above will be accepted.
120 permits are available at a price of £150 each per annum or £40 each quarter, on a first-come, first served basis.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org